What is the time, Mr. Wolf?

Last few days, probably was the time I smiled and laughed most in this year. Our church held the children church camp and I was helping in the kindergarten classes. I thought it's easier because for preschoolers, we stayed in a room, doing crafts and singing songs.

I always enjoy my K1 kids, they are just tooooooooo cute. Luckily they were not my own kids or I would spoil them (although I always boast about how I am going to discipline my kids). This year, it's easier in the sense that we were in a room and did not need to run around. However, taking care of kindergarten kids was more difficult because... they could fly, jump, bite, fight, etc... you name it. The most enjoyable moment for me (later I will tell you when is the most enjoyable moment for the kids) was in the park. We enjoyed the nature on the boardwalk and looked for crabs and fishes along the way. At last, we were playing at the beach, and that's my dream of my life of building sand castle with kids, of course it's better if my future wife was there too...

Everything went well during the day with the kids, although my battery light is always blinking and my voice is lost already. All you need to do with kindergarten kids is to love them and encourage them. Praising some kids who behave very well like sitting very quietly will make others all listening to you. After six pm, they went home and did not stay overnight for the camp. I thought my day was over and I just took it easy for the night with my other kids in primary school.. The real stress came when I returned to my dorm, and discovered that two of my kids crying. One holding the cell phone and weeping, the other was crying outside. They were in primary one and it meant that this was the first time they stayed outside of their home.... in their life! Both of them wanted to go home. This was the second night and the first night I already did my best to put them to bed. When the kids wanted to go home, they WANTED to go home. Nothing could distract them. Finally, I let the kids in other room in and used my remaining voice to organised our secret club, 'stop laughing competition', charade, ... etc. until they really had fun and did not want to go home that much. You know what, then in the mist of crazying playing, some kids hit another one in his head and started crying.... and his mood just went down directly and refused to join any activities later on that night. ARRGGGH

Well, what I learned is, maybe I am like that too. Although I am quite contented in my life, there is ONE only thing I want, and I WANT it. Maybe God is telling me that I am like them also.

The highlight for the kids, is the game of 'what time is it, Mr. Wolf?' at the last day. They enjoyed it very much, and especialy when i got a tail (!!!) . The kids said that I am the most impressive wolf and some youth took the picture of me having the tails and hats on... and I think that's it for my life... noone will be interested in me anymore..... *sob* *sob*.

Well, at the end of the day, I still beleive that I will do it again next year.....

7 comments:

shadow said...

Bringing up children in the way of the LORD is indeed difficult! If you are continuing to help in Children's Church, do persevere brother! :-)

Nana said...

Working with children is the most satisfying and rewarding. They are candid.. guaranteed to make you laugh.. a classic all the time.. oh yes, they tire you out. But you are sure to have a good time with them. I'll never forget what a 1 year-ish old pointed to when asked what is a bun...

Probato said...

What did he point to?

Nana said...

His tummy...

I can't help but laugh..

Probato said...

hahahahah..... (fallen to the ground)

Ms Carpe Diem said...

Wah... think this is becoming a whole line comments teaching good parenting. :)

Probato said...

I guess parenting is a must for Christians who wants to learn and experience how God loves us